Thank goodness for that.
Luckily there wasn't much in it for the bad guys to steal; Steve had just finished a job, so the parts were already where they were intended to be. Had it been Sunday night that the trailer was stolen, we woulda been in a whole world of hurt.
It turns out at least five other cars in the area were also broken into last night.
Then, as I was chatting with a friend this morning, she said that one of our friends' car (loaded with vacation stuff) was stolen last night too.
Crazy.
Just for the record, we live in two different cities. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it was not the same bad guys doing all the stealing last night.
So here's my Public Service Announcement:
If you park your car, truck, trailer, motorcycle, tricycle, bicycle, unicycle, boat, jet ski, 4 wheeler, golf cart, scooter, razer, mini van, man van, rollerblades, rollerskates, airplane, helicopter, whatever mode of transportation you use to get from a to b outside, lock it up.
Clean it out first, then lock it up.
I don't care where you live, just do it.
There are a lot of people out there waiting to take advantage of anyone.
Thank you.
Have a nice day.


3 comments:
Glad to hear it all ended well, that they found the trailer and that the bad guys did their deed on an "ok" day to steal it. People always laugh at me out here, how paranoid I am about locking stuff. We all have "storm doors" on our front doors, and I'm anal about always keeping it locked...apparently most don't, but I figure it's just one more security measure!:)
I can't believe that! My in-laws had a neighbor that discovered someone hanging out in their attic not too long ago, sort of over by Mickey Cox Elementary. And to think I forgot to lock a door the other day . . .
I'm anal about always keeping it locked...apparently most don't, but I figure it's just one more security measure!:)
Work from home India
Post a Comment