But after weeks and weeks of pleas to "play pbskids.org" I gave in and decided to show them how to do it one afternoon.
Surprise!
Both girls were very comfortable using the laptop and I actually got some mommy time. I was shocked. They love it, and if there was a problem or question, they didn't poke around creating a bigger problem, they just asked me. Whoa. I can see how this could get out of hand and become an all day activity. But being the mean mommy that I am, there is a timer involved.
I am wondering if there are any good sites out there other than pbskids and nickjr. Suggestions?


7 comments:
www.starfall.com
www.funbrain.com and www.learningplanet.com, try it! I thought they were really cute and fun to play with, Eligh enjoys them very much!
play house disney .com is another on of or fav's- just got a seperate copmuter for my kiddos. m
"The Friend" magazine from the church has one here:
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ae20e975d2a2b010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0
nick.com and lego.com are the two my son gets to play with. Both of my kids also have these stuffed animals called webkins that you go online once you purchase the stuffed animals. Then they make a online house that they get to do things on each day. They have to feed and play with the animals and can earn money to buy items for the animals rooms. It has been a ton of fun for the kids. They each have 3 animals that "live" in their virtual home. It is really safe and we have never had any problems with it. Let me know if you are interested in them.
Audie, your girls need a webkinz. They will get access to the computer site for some fun and some educational games. If they play the educational ones they earn money and they can buy things for their virtual stuffed animal- and dec out it's little house. You can find them at the drug store or party city for under $10 and it will buy them hours of giggles.
The American Girl website has some pretty cute games and other fun stuff to do. Kaitlin loves that site!!
Post a Comment