Thursday, May 28, 2009

I know, I know...

***If you are sick about women complaining about their weight and struggles with losing it, don't bother reading on. I am going to add my two cents for all it's worth (which ironically is about two cents). The following is how I feel about the lovely bod as of today.***

Oy vey.

That pretty much sums it up, huh?

I know it's not about the number that shows up after I shed every last article of clothing to get a more accurate reading from the scale.

I know I "just" had a baby.

I know it's all about how I feel about myself.

I know fitting into a pair of size six anything isn't realistic. It's just not going to happen. Right now I'd settle for twice that. Scary.

This time around I am impatient. I want everything to be the way it was the day I found out I was pregnant. Which I might add was pretty dang cute, but did I know it? Nooooo. I was too caught up on a stupid number to realize I was slammin'. That may be a little bit of an exaggeration, but compared to right here right now, I'd consider it pretty hot.

That being said, I now know it's how I feel about myself. I know I've been worse off, and I know that I could get worse. Especially if I continue the eating habits I've embraced so lovingly the last six months. I know I need to allow my body some time to heal and give things a chance to go back to where they were (do those things gravitate up by any chance? My fingers are crossed).

For today I am not happy with being in the frumpy stage again. I think I had the expectation that I would have Camilla and be back in my normal clothes a couple weeks later. I'm still waiting for that to happen, and at the same time refusing to buy larger clothes. I don't want to get used to the bigger number and get all cozy with it, so what's a girl to do?

How about doing everything in the buff?

That would be hugely motivating.

Any secrets to busting through postpartum body blahs?

5 comments:

Erynn said...

The only magazine that they had for me to read in my OB exam room today was "Fitness". The cover was a very skinny, beautiful, young model with the caption "4 weeks to your bikini body". How inappropriate was that?

lori said...

It seems these days, the ones who are fit, like two weeks after having a baby, are those who have a personal trainer and a nutritionist. I wish there was some magic spell to shed those pounds! My problem has always been the weight that sneaks on after I stop nursing. How rude!

Anonymous said...

mmmuuahhhhahahahaha!!! It MUST have been all of the "food" that some "melanie" made for you....and now you will be FAT like HER for 50 years!!! mmmmuuuhahahahaha!

Casey said...

Go out, buy some Spanx, and a long black dress.
Or just take a walk and get your endorphins going.

The Smith Family said...

Oh Audrey, I feel your pain and I think most of us moms do. I've given up on the "number" on the scale (even though many probably think that's a bad tactic for me...) and I'm just trying to exercise a few times a week. I'm putting smiley faces on the calendar when I do for positive reinforcement. That way, the days I'm feeling fatter than the number on the scale (is THAT possible? Oh yes!:)) then I can at least say "I'm trying"...even if there's a lovely chocolate cake sitting in the corner of my kitchen!:) Hang in there hon. It'll happen all in good time...I'm just waiting for my time to come!:) Some day when you are running again you'll have to teach me how. I can't seem to get myself to have THAT kind of strength, but I'm really enjoying body pump at the gym a few times a week. Like I said, it's at least a bit of exercise!:)