Never brag about how well your newborn is sleeping: it will always bite you in the butt.
Last night the Young Women and some leaders came over to visit and meet Camilla for the first time. It was fun to see all of their happy faces and to catch up quickly before they had to head out to Mutual.
One of the leaders asked how she was sleeping at night, and I told her that we had a couple of rough nights last week (but that really was a combination of Camilla and the other kids waking multiple times each) but recently she has only been waking up two times at night. Except for the night before last when she only woke once.
Oh, that was nice. I got a little braggy, thinking Yeah, she's only 2 1/2 weeks old and she lets me sleep so nicely at night. I am the best newborn sleep trainer in the world.
She blew that theory out of the water.
I don't even know how many times both Steve and I got up last night. Nothing huge, she just wasn't content, not ready to sleep or let anyone else sleep.
The joys of parenthood.
I'll be applying the concealer a little more heavily under the eyes this morning.
...............................................
In other news, am I the only one in the world who thinks Adam Lambert screams his songs vs. Kris who actually sings his songs? I just don't get it. And Paula? Really. Can we just give her the big hook and yank her out of her chair and off the show indefinitely? Her comments rarely make sense and Kara is already right there to fill the gap. Problem solved.


2 comments:
First of all, Camilla is so beautiful! Secondly, maybe last night was just a fluke? Maybe it was gas? (I know, we blame everything on gas, don't we?) Third, I completely agree with your American Idol comments. I think Paula, and sometimes Kara, give women a bad name. Do you need any help with the kids?
Hang in there with the non-sleep Audrey...I DON'T do the whole newborns-not-sleeping thing very well AT ALL....and it didn't help that Spencer didn't start sleeping through the night consistantly until he was a year old. So I totally feel for ya. As for AI, I didn't get to watch much this year but from what I DID see, I totally didn't like that Adam kid because YES, all he did was yell. So I was quite glad the other kid won. I wondered the same thing--why do people like Adam when this is a singing contest, NOT a yelling contest! Whatever!
Post a Comment