Monday, April 20, 2009

it pays

when you are sick to take a day off. I know that's hard for anyone to do really, but I'm finally getting it through my thick skull. I can get a lot better a lot faster if I take care of myself and not feel pressured to keep up the normal routine or feel guilty for having someone else (i.e. Steve) pick up my slack.

That is what yesterday was all about. I've been fighting a sore throat/pounding head since Friday, and Steve pretty much decided that for me to get better before he left today, I would need to do absolutely nothing for the day. Isn't he so sweet?

Even though I woke up about 10 times last night, I awoke this morning at 6:15 feeling refreshed. I was elated to find that I could swallow without feeling like my throat was on fire. So nice.

I know better than to jump right back into things today though. That is why today is National-One-Thing-At-A-Time-Day. I rescheduled routine appts., and let Isabel's teacher know I would not be coming in to help in class today. This also includes no make-up, comfy clothes, flat hair (I did shower) and a minimal work load.

Slow and steady is the theme for today. I have a lot coming up (like a new baby in 11 days, HELLO!) and I need to be at the top of my game then.

5 comments:

Erynn said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was wondering where you were yesterday. I can't believe you only have 11 days left! Wow!

lori said...

I'm so sorry you were sick, but am glad you took it easy. Don't you wish we had a robot mom to take over on days we're not up to it? I, like Erynn, can't believe you are due in 11 days! You look great! Let me know if there is anything you need while Steve is out of town.

The Smith Family said...

Glad you're feeling better. It's hard to be sick and be a mom--it DOES seem like we never get a day off, so I'm glad Steve was able to help you have one of sorts. YAY only 11 days, that's awesome. I'm excited for ya and can't wait to see the new baby pictures!!:)

Kristen said...

Ok, so I totally made Melanie send me your dinner menus that you guys put together for ideas for us since we're about 3 weeks behind you. :) I keep wondering how you're doing it so close to delivery...hang in there and feel better soon...like maybe in 12 or 13 days. :)

Stephanie Ryan said...

I only take one thing at a time everyday.....I don't have to be sick for that!! Seriously, it's the only way to go ;)!! I'm glad you are feeling better, and YAY for baby in 11 days. I didn't realize you were that close, you look GREAT!! Don't for get to call me after the baby is born so I can take some pics :)!!