Having only one thing on the calendar for today (a dr.'s appt for Isabel to see if she's over her sinus infection) I have decided that we are going to take it easy today. It's Friday for heavens sakes! Fridays are supposed to be fun!
Here's what I will include in my easy, take a breath and enjoy the moment day:
Hang out in bed watching cartoons with the kids for as long as possible before making easy muffins for breakfast.
Whoops! No milk in the fridge? We'll get some...sometime today.
Let the kids play in the bath this morning instead of rushing them through a fast shower.
Do some laundry. No specific amount of loads, no time table. I just need to get that hamper empty. No pressure.
Scrap for at least 30 min. today.
Cook a dinner off the menu that was customized for my family by the wonderful Melanie. Her knowledge of all kitchen-y things rocks, btw. She is teaching me so much stuff I should already know. Thanks butthead!
Post on my blog and surf some others.
Only think good thoughts. I don't need to worry about the things I don't have control over, so why fret? It's out of my hands, so there's no need to let it gnaw in my head. For today, at least.
Instead of making a mental list of things to go over with Steve 30 sec. after he walks in the door, I'm going to give him a big hug and kiss.
Today we will go with the flow and hope that this weekend will be similar. How will you take it easy today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for telling me about your blog! This sounds like the perfect day!
Post a Comment