Monday, January 5, 2009

lucky sevens

I was tagged a long time ago by Heather; it takes me a while to get things together. Here's the goods on me:

Seven things I can do:
1. I can demolish a whole box of hostess products in one sitting. I usually don't, because that's really humiliating, so I spread it out over a day. Big difference, right?
2. Go with the flow. Things change, and even though I don't like change, I like to think I handle it pretty well.
3. I can be a team player. I have no problem taking direction from others. Kinda goes along with the go with the flow thing. Go figure.
4. Hold my own (still) on the volleyball court. Love that.
5. Get wrapped up in a book/project and not care about the state of the house. I'm cool like that.
6. I can put different patterned paper together for scrapbooking. Whoop te do! I think it comes in handy when I see a layout that I like, but I can look at the structure and use my own stuff to put my spin on it.
7. I can forget gossip. In one ear and out the other. That's not so hard for me though, I have a very bad memory.

Seven things I can't do
1. Cook dinner every night.
2. Type fast.
3. My hair. It really is beyond me.
4. Weigh less than 147 lbs. I seem to have this invisible wall at that number. Maybe it's all the ho ho's, ding dongs, cupcakes... and pregnancy. That doesn't help at all either.
5. Make snap decisions. If I don't know, I don't know. That's it.
6. Spend huge amounts of money. I like to have things that cost huge amounts of money, trust me. I just have a hard time thinking "I just spent that on this?"
7. Say no. Except to my husband and children, of course. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Seven things that attracted me to Steve
1. He's quiet.
2. Before we even began dating he was very open and honest. Somethings were difficult to talk about, but he took the bull by the horns and laid it all out on the table. I loved that.
3. He knew what he wanted (me, of course) and didn't play games like other boys were doing. He was too cool for that sort of thing.
4. He's very athletic. Timing, coordination, strength, all things that made me ga ga for him.
5. He had a great job. Yeah, he was working for family, but he was working full time, made a ton more than I did, and was very ambitious about it. Also unlike other boys at the time.
6. It didn't matter that I lived 45 min. away from him. He drove everyday to see me while we were dating and courting. Sure, I drove to him a couple times, but he did the majority of the driving. Still does.
7. Other people's opinions don't rule his decisions. This was huge for me because I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I worry way too much about what others will think/say about a choice I've made.

Seven things I say most often
1. "Tyler, NO!"
2. "Girls! Be quiet! Tyler is asleep!"
3. "Hi mom. Yeah, I've got a minute," when my mom calls to chat.
4. "OUT!"
5. "I need something sweet."
6. "I love you."
7. "I don't know" and "I have no idea" are neck and neck.

Seven celebrities that I admire
I don't buy into the whole celebrity thing. I would be very pressed to come up with seven, so I decided to make my own category:
Seven goals for the new year
1. Cook more often. Steve should either be very excited or very depressed. We'll have to check in on that.
2. Cut the sugar intake by half. You're laughing, I know. This is something I have to get under control.
3. Read the scriptures everyday.
4. Grow my confidence.
5. Establish a good morning and evening routine, not hurry out the door and hurry into bed.
6. I'd like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight before December. That should give me about five months to work it out. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I don't really have a problem with dropping the weight. It's what that weight looks like once I'm there. I've noticed the more "seasoned" I become, the flabbier it becomes. That's not so becoming.
7. Make time for myself once a week. I have got to get back on the scrapin' wagon. I've got a room for Pete's sake!

Seven favorite foods
1. Pretty much anything that contains lots of sugar. I love anything sweet, but I lean towards the very unhealthy baked goods products.
2. Italian food. I love basil, cheese, bread, pasta, tomatoes, alfredo sauces...on and on.
3. My favorite burger is the Western (minus the onion rings- I CANNOT eat onions). I love Carl's bbq sauce.
4. Garlic. I love garlic. I had garlic fries for the first time at the garlic festival in Gilroy and was in heaven.
5. I like asparagus a lot. Especially with Parmesan cheese sprinkled and melted over the top.
6. Mashed potatoes and gravy. My need for this food intensifies during every pregnancy.
7. Lately I have been enjoying artichokes. There are some dips that are very appetizing out there.

Seven people to tag
1. Kristi
2. Melanie
3. Mariana
4. Sharlene
5. Melissa
6. Angie
7. Kira

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is so funny you don't remember gossip. I, on the other hand, remember that I am told something about something but I cannot remember the details. It would be great if that didn't roll over into other areas of my life.

Beth Swann said...

I love how candid and comfortable you are, Audrey!

Also, if you are ever interested, we have a Clovis Scrapbooking yahoo group that gets together once a month or more to scrap. Here's the link to join if you are interested: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ClovisScrapbooking/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1