Friday, October 3, 2008

so blessed

I was feeling discouraged this morning, totally in the all I want to do is sit and do nothing mode again. Made some eggs for breakfast and ran my normal blog check. When I came up out of my usuals to read, I thought I could get a good start on my lesson for YW. Nope. Can't concentrate, totally not in the mood to prepare a lesson.

I began to close the laptop to go have a little sit on the couch when I remembered my Visiting Teacher's comments about Elder Uchtdorf's talk in the General Relief Society Conference that was held last Saturday. Decided to check and see if the transcripts were online yet, and they are. I read the whole thing and cried (I'm a big crier). I was able to feel the Spirit as I read the words of an apostle of the Lord and drew strength from it.

I am so blessed

1. To have a faithful Visiting Teacher

and

2. who was spiritually prepared to receive and then pass along such an important message.

3. To feel the Spirit bring peace and comfort to my soul.

4. To know that Heavenly Father is at the head of this great big thing we've got going here, and

5. I am blessed that he has given us prophets and apostles to help us along the way.

Have a great weekend. I'm off to start a load of laundry and make some cards.

Gotta kick that all I want to do is sit here and do nothing mode in the butt.

No comments: