I was trying to be a good mom and get to the bottom of one of the many piles of j-u-n-k this afternoon when I was putting stuff away upstairs when Tyler started crying. It was the "I'm hurt cry" (and not because I was out of his sight hurt). I came down thinking one of the girls took something, or he fell, yada yada. When I saw blood on the carpet and him just sitting there crying I knew it was not good. So here's my picture:
You can't really see all the gory details but it was not pretty. Katie was able to tell me that he fell and hit his head on the coffee table. So I tried my best to remain calm ( this happened in the worst time of day for me: that 3-5 period where I am trying to get dinner ready and am ready to hide out in the closet until Steve comes home) and looked up his nose until I realized I had no idea what I was looking for. So we walked down the street to some great neighbors who are also in our ward and asked her opinion. She was really cool about it and said that he'll probably just have a really good looking bruise. Well thank goodness for that.
So I am willing after today to recant all requests for more interesting pictures. I will be just fine scraping the same pictures day after day. Life, I do not need any more excitement, thank you!


1 comment:
Bummer. Those "I'm hurt" cries are the worst...they leave this hole in your stomach until you can get to them and assess the situation. Glad to hear Tyler is ok!
Post a Comment