Friday, September 26, 2008

a new day

Tons of things floating in and out of my head today.

First things first, thanks blog reading buddies. Your words, calls, even yummy treats (IT'S IT bars? Hello! How have I not had these before? They're awesome and I do not like ice cream sandwiches.) were encouraging.

I know that all things happen for a reason. I know that there is a bigger picture playing and that I only am seeing the little picture in a picture box that's at the top of the screen. I have a strong testimony of eternal life and know that families can be sealed in temples so they can continue to be together in the eternities. I am so grateful for this knowledge. Whenever I get a little down these things remind me that this is just a short time and Heavenly Father has given (or will give)me everything I need to get through it.

But I have also found that if I don't voice some of the frustration or sadness or complete madness that I experience, I think I would go crazy. So I set aside Sept. 25 to just let it all out. Quite frankly it helps.

So yeah, I know that our family will continue on after this life but the honest to goodness truth is it still stinks. On this day I give myself permission to just be bummed and to not have to remind myself that it's going to be ok and that things will get better. I just need time to say "yeah, it really sucks what happened." I don't think I really ever let myself do that after we lost any of our children. I guess that's why this works for me now. So thanks for letting me rant and rave about it for two days now.

On to much lighter news:

I got to do some shopping at Target today (with only Tyler) and picked up some more shampoo. So not exciting, I know, but have you smelled the new Herbal Essence stuff? Oh my. I was going to get the orchid smelling one, but then saw red raspberry, and finally picked the white nectarine. It smells so dang good and it's called "body envy". We all know my hair could use some more umph! So now all I have to do is use excessive amounts of the remaining bottle in the shower (maybe even squirt a little down the drain every once in a while) so I can crack this baby open. It smells that good.

Targets all over are having crazy good deals in the clearance aisles. I found this clock


originally $30 and picked it up for $7.48. I am so excited about that!


I finished my layout for the scrap store. I actually did one 12x12 and my first ever (I think) 6x12. But I forgot to take pictures before I took them in. Maybe I'll take my camera over and let everyone there think I'm crazy for taking pictures of my los. Oh wait! I'd be in a scrap store; they all would deem that perfectly logical! They're no stranger to wanting to document everything!

And last but sooo not least is the Week in the Life project. I am so excited about this I can hardly stand it. Check out the details on Ali's blog. She is too cool, and I've been wanting to do this project since I saw it at the end of CKU in 2005 (was that the year Mari?). Anyway, I am getting stuff together today and clearing my memory card so I can play and have fun next week. I think this album would be tons of fun to look back on years from now. Check it out!

That's (finally) it! Have a great Friday and weekend!