Friday, May 2, 2008

one project a month

I am a big fan of Tara Whitney; she is an awesome photographer, and she seems like a down-to-earth person. I love that she is so into her family but is honest and realistic about family happenings. So needless to say, her blog is one that I check out on a regular basis. She recently posted about how she has a goal of completing one project a month, (click here for her April project) and to help her out and keep her honest, she's posting before and after pictures on her blog of the projects she tackles. I accepted her invitation to do the same on my blog, so here is the first OPAM for me.



We have one side of the house that we had not touched since we moved in, and it was pretty overgrown with weeds. After some brain storming and free crushed granite from a neighbor we decided to do a little flower garden with a path leading to a small bench at the end. I think some nice climbing roses would look great growing over the fence with all kinds of flowers growing. I have always wanted a secret garden kinda thing, so I hope the kids will like it.




I think at the end of the season I'll look for a arbor or arch type thing to put at the entrance. Hopefully I'll be able to find one that will work cheap!



I know that it's not going to look lush and green how I picture it right away, but it will be fun to get in there together and plant the seeds, plants, and flowers. I think the girls will have fun watching it grow and most of all watering everything. They will be good at that!


So check back, hopefully we're not lame and can complete our first challenge. That would be sad if we didn't (part of me wouldn't be surprised though)!


Are you up to the challenge?

1 comment:

Tringali Family said...

I will be in about 6 months....I am afraid we will be having tons of jobs around the house to do and no Steve to do them;) Plus with a newborn...yikes! So give me some time, then I will be up to it!