Monday, January 28, 2008

this crazy life


lots happened this weekend, so we'll turn to the list format:





1. Some sad news was received last night: Gordon B. Hinckley, our prophet passed away. I read his biography last year ( Go Forward With Faith) and he was an amazing man. The things he accomplished were astonishing. He was flying around the world last year for goodness sakes! Everything that is so common and everyday to us as members he played a huge role in creating and implementing world-wide. Even his personal life was busy. I don't think the man had an idle moment. He was 97, and we know that he terribly missed his wife who passed a couple years ago(maybe more than that now). We will miss him and will be forever indebted for his service to the Church.



on to much lighter topics



2. Saturday my sisters and I made a quick trip to Target. As we were browsing, what do you suppose Cassie found? MY SHOES. Yes. Remember the "little beauties" that I was so happy to find so cheaply at Macy's? Those. Exact same thing, the only difference is the name on the inside of the shoe. It just goes to show why Target is the best store around. Great style, great prices, mass quantities. I'm thinking I should become a buyer for Target. I'd do a pretty good job I think.



3. Steve had a soccer game Saturday (church league) so my sisters and I packed up the kids and walked down to the high school to watch (and possibly play if they were short). The kids had a great time hanging out with other kids and being outside. The weather was so nice it was good to be outside again. Back to rain again yesterday and today. Crazy.



4. Got off my lazy duff and really pushed myself on a run Friday. It felt so good. I'm still paying for it, but I'm glad I did it.



5. Here's the los for this weekend:


















6. Speaking of scrappin', I am so itching to be creative. I want to make stuff and play. A huge inspiration is Ali E, I just love everything she creates. She is too cool. Gotta make some time to stretch my creative self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! oh and the LO are great too. mariana