The last day of the year. Time to reflect and make new commitments. Every year I try to keep resolutions to a minimum to be realistic and not to be overwhelming. That is a tall order today. There are so many change-worthy things that I want to hang on to this year. The hard part will be deciding how to narrow it down to actually make a difference. What are you wanting to do different this year?
I read on Becky Higgins' blog today there is a challenge floating around to do a layout a day in January. A layout a day. That is so unrealistic for me. On day three I'd still be working on the first one! Some things I know I can't do. Well, I could, but other things like feeding the kids and laundry and showering would go overlooked. That's not so good for me. Maybe I could shoot for a layout a week, to be done on Thursday nights (a night I've already set aside for scrapbooking). I could resolve to actually be productive during that time...another for the list.
Anywho, that's my thoughts on resolutions. I'll post the final list tomorrow so I can get some back up. It always helps to have your loved ones keep you on track!
By the way I finally finished a painting I started about two years ago. It has probably taken a total of ten hours to finish (that's really short for me). Too bad I didn't just sit down and do it in two or three days. Oh well. I am happy with the result. Now to find where to put it...


No comments:
Post a Comment