Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas day






was great! The girls came in at around seven, and didn't notice that Santa had left their stockings on the edge of their beds. That bought us some more snoozing time. Not much, but it was nice. We then headed downstairs for the main event. My parents had given us a camcorder that they decided they wouldn't use as much as we could, so we bought tapes and charged it overnight so it would be ready to go. Pulled it out, and the tapes that we got were not the right ones. It fit in the slot, but the camera wouldn't pull it in-so frustrating. Then on to plan B: my regular camera. Turned it on, told the girls to let the paper fly, and realized that my battery was dead. I managed to get a few pictures, then plan C: I remembered that the camcorder took still shots as well. All was not lost. Now I just have to figure out how to get them onto the computer.

Back to Christmas. The girls were thrilled with their presents. I lucked out and found exactly what they asked for three days before Christmas. They were very happy and played for a while as Steve and I made scalloped potatoes to take to my Mom's for dinner (those rocked by the way-recipe came from Aunt Donna and includes 2 c of Gruyere cheese and butter and cream...how could you go wrong? Thinking about making that again real soon it was so yummy).





Then over to grandma and grandpa's where the kids had another Christmas. They know how to make kids happy. Even Tyler was in on the opening sitting in Steve's lap chewing on paper. Had a great meal, then headed to Hanford for another dinner a couple hours later. The kids were great. They handled it all very well.


Overall probably one of the best yet. Last year I thought that, but I think this may have topped it. Just an overwhelming feeling of love, happiness, generosity, and compassion from ALL sides of our family. So greatful for our blessings. Awesome! Hope yours was just as great!

No comments: