Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merrrry Christmas!

That is my favorite saying this time of year. I use a lot of emphasis on the errry and say it kinda loudly. Especially if something doesn't go the way it's supposed to or if someone is rude or something of that sort. I'm a little sarcastic at times.


So we had a great Christmas, but will post about that later. Now I want to talk about our Christmas Eve. Steve came home kinda early, which was nice, and had a sheepish look on his face. He hinted that I should look in the backyard...not good news. I think he knew how I would react, but didn't want to face it. Here's what I saw:




and a little closer




So, he swears this little gal was hanging around him the whole time he was at a job site, and he couldn't just leave her, especially on Christmas Eve! Trust me, I got the whole song and dance. So right now this cute little thing is sleeping in a box lined with shop towels on our patio next to a light for warmth at night.

Don't get me wrong, I love animals, and am a dog person, but anyone who knows us knows that we had a HUGE dog that we were horrible parents to, who we just gave up so he could have a better life on a farm (I know, I know, we've all heard of parents taking beloved pets to a "farm" where they would be "much happier", but that really was the case here). When it comes right down to it, I've got three wild animals right now to take care of (and all their excrement) and I really feel like I do not want to add another to the mix. Let alone ruin another poor innocent soul's life. It just isn't right. So Steve and I discussed that we will try our darnedest to find the poor puppy's family and return her to her rightful owners. If nothing happens, well, let's not go there right now. She is a sweet little thing, but she's already pooped everywhere in the backyard. I really am not liking poop right now. Merrrry Christmas!

No comments: