Monday, April 18, 2011

who loves spring break?

I do, I DO!

So far it has been awesome. Saturday was kick back and relax day. It consisted of a long soak in the bath...for the kids. Such a treat since during school all we ever have time for is showers.


Mani pedis were next up.

Also for the kids.



Tyler has always felt jipped when the girls get their nails polished. Now that Camilla insists that her nails be done too, it's really hard to say no to the boy.

We compromised on clear polish and he was happy as a lark. Metrosexual is better than goth or cross dressing, right?

Cartwheels,

cartwheels,


and somersaults in the front are mandatory.



Even appeasing mom with a group shot was in the works (notice how happy they are here). Did I mention I let them dress themselves whenever we have a break?



And this little girl has her own idea of how to get everyone smiling again; usually by doing exactly the opposite of what she "should" be doing.


Today was happiness and balance.

A trip to the library yielded 25 books and 2 videos. I forgot to take a picture while there, but here's the proof:


I promise this is not a staged picture. I love that my kids love books.

We hit the grocery store after the library but I was too crazy with four kids to even think of taking a picture. They were fantastic, just busy. About two thirds of the way through the store C.C. groaned her classic "Mommy, I'm ready!" in her very low, scary, monster voice that is sweet as can be. That made all of us laugh and we just breezed through to the end.

We even worked in the yard for an hour trying to get it looking better for the upcoming egg hunt.

They're all playing so well together and I haven't once heard, "Mooooooom, I'm booooooored," from anyone.


Ah, spring break. A time for happy, messy faces. I am in love with you (and her).



Ask me how much I like spring break Friday.

;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. hope you will post more. spring break rocks!!!

Aunt Doreen said...

This is wonderful Audrey! You are such a good Mommy!! <3

lori said...

Sounds to me like you started out with a plan. You are a mom that rocks! You can't deny that, because I can tell that by the way your kids are in Primary :)