Tuesday, January 18, 2011

surprise!

I think I may have mentioned before that I tend to be a little on the jumpy side. In other words, I scare easily, and that has been a fountain of endless entertainment for the whole family.

Really.

Most encounters are pretty mild (and sometimes humorous) but then there are those that come very, very, close to making my heart stop.

One such time was when Isabel hid in our tub as I was in the bathroom. When I came out to wash my hands she waited a good three-one thousand count and popped up like a jack-in-the-box. I totally screamed on that one, and that is not something that is easy to get from me.

I may be a scaredy cat, but I am not a screamer.

Tyler has even gotten into the mix as of late. Last week he took the same approach as Isabel: hide while mom is in the bathroom.

But he took it one step further. He hid in the cabinet under Steve's sink. So as I am washing my hands and then went about undressing (I was getting in the shower too) out pops Tyler with a yell.

Fortunately I had just gone to the bathroom. There was nothing left to release but laughter, so I tried to laugh it off as I looked for something to use to cover up.

Then he spoke the truth that only little kids can: "Mommy, your body is yucky!"

Yeah?!? I'll give you that, but this body looks that way because it brought you here buddy. So take that!

I guess it's Tyler who ended up with the real scare here. Maybe he learned his lesson not to pick on his dear ol' mom.

She may just streak the place and scare EVERYONE!


P.S. I found my purse! Well, Steve did. Can we hear it for a non functioning short-term memory?!? Woot-woot! Thanks for the love. All is not lost! ;)

3 comments:

Casey said...

YAY for your purse!

lori said...

I am so glad to hear about your purse. That is quite a hilarious story. I still need to give you a call, sorry I rarely call people.

Kira said...

Oh Audrey - you crack me up! Oh gosh, that was super funny. :)