No crayons on the ground, no piles of kids' papers, no shoes scattered, no mega blocks dropped and forgotten. It's so nice to walk into one room and feel at peace. TILE! I can see tile! I may just pace back and forth in there all day and call it good. One room is a great start right?
Some other things going on this beautiful (and steamy) Saturday:
Shopping itunes for songs that I crank on the radio. I just remembered today that I never opened a set of gift cards that Steve gave to me for Christmas. What month is it? Whatever. I'm happy today.
Steve's cutting the grass and has Tyler as his little assistant. Love it.
I made some fruit dip that my evil friend Erynn made for me once (maybe twice). I saw the strawberries at the store and knew that would be the perfect snack today. Oh hello light, fluffy, sweet dippin' goodness. How I have missed thee.
Laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. Which means my one clean room will soon be filled with dirty clothes from every other room in the house. The hall may even contribute to that pile. Sad, sad, sad.
Showers, ironing, painting little girl nails. All in preparation for Sunday.
Saturday is indeed a special day! What are you up to this weekend?


4 comments:
Besides feeling guilty for having to cancel a party with my friend Audrey?? I'm trying to achieve at least one clean room in my house...
I spent Saturday with 4 kids, waiting for Todd and Tanner to get home from the Scout campout. They didn't get home until 6, so I didn't get much done. That dip sounds so good.
I made PW's Apple Dumplings last night. They were perfect for an crisp fall day.
Saturday-
Basketball pictures for Tony and Kaiden, getting little kids ready and walking over to the game. Scavenging for boxes to make into cars, and a quick trip to WalMart. Birthday bash for Kaiden (card board box drive- in) in the front yard complete with grilling. Updates to ward flyer, tidy garage, make dinner, clean up party mess, bathe kids for church, and - so tired could hardly walk to bed- but Tony took Kaiden camping anyway. Got up to let Kelsey in at 1am from Universal Studios. Whew!
Today- Spent the entire day cleaning one room- the kitchen. It's my only clean room right now. However, soon it will be dinner time and all will be lost.
Kira! Cut it out! We'll make it happen! Now get to cleaning! ;)
Erynn: Scout camp!?! Todd went? Hello! Sorry for calling you "evil", but well, you kinda are when it comes to food. I am on round two for strawberries. Or "vehicles to get more dip in your mouth" as Steve so appropriately named them. Apple dumplings? Totally missed that one. See?!? E.V.I.L.
Kristi! I am tired just reading about your weekend! What a great idea for Kaiden's party! Did you find enough boxes? Did the kids decorate them? FUN! I'm off to take a nap. Thanks!
Post a Comment