Ya know how you go in circles and say the same thing to yourself over and over again?
Remember this post? (In my head I don't remember it being so serious, but there it is: serious)
Just last week (and everyday since then) I have again come to the conclusion, "I am a crapaholic". I love to eat junk. Sweet sugary junk.
And guess what?
I'm tired of it...again.
So I saw somewhere on FB there is a crazy challenge for some crazy people to run 50 miles in the month of September. Who would do this sort of thing willingly? Casey, hold your tongue.
I've been running for twelve days (excluding Sundays and one other "rest day" a week) now and have accumulated 22 miles. In the sake of full disclosure here I am not by any means running the full distances that I post each day because I simply can't go that far yet. But I am working on it. So for now, the distance that I write up on my little dry erase calendar is the distance of the entire route I took that day and I try to push myself time wise on each outing.
And guess what?
I still hate running.
But I am seeing and feeling results already, and that I love.
Melanie is working the same challenge so we are being accountable to each other, calling and checking in. Anyone else game? I know September is half way over, so pro-rate! It's easy! And never too late!
P.S. Any person(s) reading this post who can reach this goal w/in the period of one weekend need not scoff the evening-stroll-in-the-park distance. Go drink a protein shake and run a half marathon or something! *wink, wink*
P.P.S. Prepare yourselves for a lot of posts about running and all the fun stuff that goes with it. What can I say? I blog my reality. Sometimes it can be sweaty.
Better get a towel.
Updated: Ran two miles today. I had a route for four all ready to go, but my body gave out much earlier than I wanted it to. I guess two handfuls of Captain Crunch and a sip of water aren't the ideal fuel for that kinda work out. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
nobody is scoffing!! I think its great that you guys are doing this! You just need to push my brother off the couch as well :D
I think it's awesome. And I just might do it. Although I am jealous that you are getting results.
Me: not so much
Let's get running!
@ Casey: "I'm gonna tell him you said that (if he hasn't already read it)!
@ Kira: When I said results I guess I should have clarified a teeny bit- there's no weight loss going on here (remember I'm a crapaholic?). My measuring of results is the improvement in my endurance. I'm really trying to work up to the 5k at the end of October.
Post a Comment