I hate being sick.
The only good thing about being sick is this: I have the right to feel absolutely justified when my hubby walks in the door from work and I'm in the same spot reading the same book I was when he left that morning (it's a really big book and I'm a slow reader anyway).
That's it.
Don't get all sympathetic on me here; I'm not really THAT sick. It's just a cold with a sore throat. I also can't breathe out of my nose. Which means my jaw is tired from hanging open so I can get oxygen into my lungs somehow. I hate tired jaw.
Translation: I'm a big baby. I hate being sick.
So this morning I'll be buzzing my assistant, Betty, with a simple request:

"Please cancel all my appointments and hold all my calls today."
I know what you're thinking, "Why even go into the office at all?"
I know, I know... I hear ya. It's just that I live at the office. I am your typical workaholic. Some of us just don't have the luxury of calling in sick.
So here's a shout out to all you other workaholics out there- keep it up, do what ya gotta do, make it work. We're all in this together!
P.S. Man, I hope those sick/vacation days roll over.


2 comments:
I had been wondering what you were up to! Sorry to hear you're sick. If you need anything, call. I drive by a couple of times a day. (The corner, not your house.) I may be calling for some support soon, I will be starting the the bulletin board stuff tomorrow. Feel better soon!
I hope you are feeling better today! Sorry to hear you are sick, but at least it was on a school day.
Post a Comment