Wednesday, April 28, 2010

hello there

Remember me? Long time, no blog.

Let's just say April has been a crazy one. I'm glad it's almost done.

Can I get an amen?

Things are looking up, and I figured I've gotta make "the best of what's around" (to quote Dave Matthews) so I jumped into another project.

Yes, another project. I am determined to finish this bad boy, but we'll see what comes of it.

It's called "A Week in the Life". Ever heard of it? Yeah, I tried it a while ago and as typical got about half way through and dropped it like a hot potato. But I came across some of those photos that I had printed to put the album together way back when and was reminded what a cool project this is. Even half done.

Maybe I'll go back and make a mini album titled, "A Couple of Days in the Life". It has a nice ring to it, no?

Anyway, here are a couple of my favorite shots from yesterday:

C.C. waking up Isabel (really just getting into her stuff)


Tyler first thing

The nice pile I get to start on my Tuesday morning. Little side note: why don't kids open the lid to the hamper and put the clothes inside? There was room, I promise!

C.C., angry I'm doing something other than feeding her.

Happy as a lark two minutes later with a handful of cheerios. All is right with the world again.

Reading while doing the hair/sunscreen routine before school. Pinkalicious rocks.

On our way to get Kate. See Tyler's face? He's trying to chomp on C.C.'s feet. She hasn't heard his chomping noises yet.

There we go. She thinks it's hysterical. Especially when we have to run away from his tiny jaws of terror!

Clean up.
She learned a couple days ago how to climb the stairs; all of them. I sometimes forget to put the gate up. So far she hasn't forgotten how to climb. Shucks.

I'll be back tomorrow with more real life shots!

6 comments:

Tringali Family said...

I was wondering where you had gone! We need a play date.

Kira said...

I was seriously starting to worry you had perished or something. What a relief that you are alive and well. And what a fun idea - a week and/or day in the life of...I like it!

Casey said...

I thought maybe it was jello salad poisoning.... glad things are going well
PS I LOVE your bathroom! So pretty!

lori said...

Glad to see you back at it. Your kids look like they wake up pretty happy. That's nice.

Kristi said...

I want to get one of those phantom gates for the stairs- have you seen them?

Your hose looks so pretty, and kudos to your kids for actually getting the clothes to your laundry room without prompting!

Audrey said...

Sharlene: Absolutely. I am the worst at making play dates happen, but love it when my kids have friends to play with. So do they.

Kira: I keep a lickin' and keep on tickin'! Have you seen Ali Edwards' stuff? I forgot to post the link, but she's the one who created the whole concept. She is an awesome scrap lady who focuses much more on the story behind the pictures. You should check her out. I adore her. I secretly want to be her. On some days.

Casey: YOU KILL ME! Jello salad poisoning! Seriously. You never know what's lurking in them.

Thanks for the compliments on the bathroom. It's the only room in the house that I consider to be "done". Kinda.

Lori: The kids do wake up happy most of the time in the mornings. Tyler waking up from a nap on the other hand, is risky business.

Kristi: I haven't seen phantom gates! I'm gonna have to check that one out! Sounds cool though. I may have been a little misleading in my post if you think my kids put their clothes in the laundry room without prodding. I do A LOT of prodding. Oh. You said prompting. Yeah, that too.