Sunday, March 14, 2010

best.gift.ever.

It was given to me by my wonderful husband "just because" sometime in December.

I love "just because" presents-especially when they're a surprise like this one was.

What was it, you ask? A twin sized electric blanket.


It's perfect really. Why I have never owned one before I turned thirty I'll never know. I run cold, he runs hot. A twin sized electric blanket on a California King bed is a very smart investment that will contribute to the happiness in our marriage.

I think I may have a circulation issue or something because my feet and legs seem to be cold all the time. Last night I turned on the blanket a good twenty minutes before I got into bed, and let me tell you, it was heaven.

Heaven.

Like climbing back into your mother's womb.

Minus all the grossness.

That's just weird. Forget I mentioned anything about the womb.

Heaven. Like sleeping in big, white, warm, fluffy clouds: heaven.

That's a much better visual. I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.

3 comments:

Tringali Family said...

Audrey you are too funny. Will you write my life story so it sounds hilarious?

Audrey said...

Trust me, I only use my A material here Sharlene (sad to say, but yes, this is the best I've got). It's painful for Steve because a lot of times I say things that I think are hysterical that Steve just rolls his eyes to and walks out of the room. It can be downright painful at times.

Ask him. He'll tell you.

Elizabeth said...

Jared gave me a twin electric blanket a while back too! I love it!! Unfortunately so do my kids...