Wednesday, January 20, 2010

hard as a brick

So...don't judge me. We had breakfast for dinner again tonight. What can I say? It's one of the kids' favorite meals (and I don't mind because it's a great last minute choice) and it's not one of Steve's favorites. When he's not here it's our go-to.

As I was getting ready to make the pancakes I remembered that my parents got us an electric griddle for Christmas. I pulled it out and quickly realized that this big guy was going to save me a lot of time in the future. So dang cool!

I also quickly realized that when I get distracted (because I always do) there isn't just one or two casualties. This can be bad. Very, very bad. It's a whole slew of pancakes. It's a round of pancakes gone. No one in my family will eat these scorched things. We don't have a dog either.

I'm pretty sure that even if we had a dog, he/she wouldn't eat them.

Slap some mortar on them and stack em' up just like bricks. I could build a nice decorative wall in the backyard.

I've got to figure out how not to get distracted. Maybe that could be this year's Christmas gift...

2 comments:

Jeremy Pyne said...

Awesome, Audrey! I always knew you had great cooking skills! ;)

Audrey said...

Do you read my blog Erin?

Oh! I get it...sarcasm! HA!