To make a long story short, when the girls got their bunk beds, we moved a twin bed into Tyler and C.C.'s room for Ty. He's old enough, right?
The girls had no problems going to bed, so Tyler will be just like them, right?
Tyler will follow in his sisters' footsteps right?
Ugh.
I've tried all sorts of things to keep him in. When I am tired of putting him back in bed(time after time) I fell back on the crib. The crib was my sure thing. I knew I could put him in, close the door, and walk away.
Bottom line, I WON.
Today he discovered how to climb out of the crib.
I'm literally seconds away from bawling.
I need some ideas here. Please. My next move involves big thick leather straps.
And I'm pretty sure that involves CPS.
HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Try totally exhausting him one day, then let him start to fall asleep. Gently place him on the bed, cover him up, and walk away. Tell him what a big kid he was in the morning. May have to use a kid-proof door handle if he knows how to get out of the room. Then take the crib away! Worked for Jaden, anyway. Good luck!
Oh my friend - smallish 2-3 year old boys don't seem to follow in the steps of their highly obedient older sisters. I know. I've got one too. Do you want to know what I do? Don't turn me in but I just get a locking door knob and turn it so the lock is on the outside. Extreme? Maybe. But, eventually Jack figured out that it was more comfortable to sleep in his bed than it was to sleep on the floor by the door. :)
We took Deans crib away the first time he climbed out of it. He still does not like his "big boy bed". I constantly find him asleep on the floor in front of the bed, or curled up on the chair in the room. As long as he gets his sleep somehow! Good luck!
Not sure if this idea will help, but it's what we do. S climbed out of his crib really young. We have him in a twin bed in the same room as the baby's crib. But closing the door isn't an option to keep him in bed for naps/night, as he'll just bang on the door for hours. Talk about persistence! So we put up our baby gate in the door jam--he can't scale it (so far) so it generally works. The only problem I'm having now is that he knows the baby will be here soon and I find him in the crib every once in a while...UGH! So, not sure if he's going to be able to share a room with the baby, but we'll see.
Cannon falls asleep on the sofa every night (usually by 7, no we're not keeping him up until midnight). Then, since he's already asleep, he doesn't get back out.
I wish I could remember what worked for us. I seem to remember lots of threats, oh, wait that was last night trying to get the boys to stop talking to each other and go to sleep! It just seems that when you get one thing figured out about your kids sleeping habits/situations, then some new challenge pops up.
Post a Comment