Wednesday, November 18, 2009

steaming

my life (or my day at least) away.

I picked up one of those Shark hand-held steamers yesterday to facilitate my National House Cleaning Month challenge.

"I am loving every second of it!" she said, her voice dripping with disdain.

I am attacking my grout in the tile floors so it doesn't look so black.

I am attacking my oven so it doesn't smoke next week while we cook a huge turkey dinner.

Well, we're hoping it will cut down on the smoke some what.

Cause there's always some smoke when I cook!

4 comments:

Casey said...

We have one of those, and either I am not using it right or its just not that great. Good ol mop with some heavy duty pinesol or bleach. Or better yet, simple green the entire house.
Have a great Thanksgiving! Wish we could spend it with you guys!

Becky said...

when i saw the title, i was gleefully/morbidly looking forward to a 'steaming' mad post about something horrific from your day!

Audrey said...

I'm thinking you're on the right track Casey. They only problem is I'm trying to clean my grout and mopping over it just isn't going to cut it. I'm thinking I need to go Tim-the-Tool-Man-Taylor on the bad boy and juice it up. It feels like it needs to have twice as much power than it does to be awesome.

Sorry I mislead you Becky! I'll find something to get fuming mad at and post just for you! :)

Erynn said...

I hate my grout! I'm considering paying someone to clean/seal it. Hey! Now that you have the tool, maybe that could be your side job in your spare time!