Again.
Stuff just accumulates in that closet. All right in front; on the floor so it becomes a death trap to walk in and try to get anything from behind the coats.
If it is absolutely necessary to go in, you have to let someone know for your own safety. It's the perfect opportunity to use the "I'm going in! If you don't see me in two days, call for help," line.
We-strike that- I use that line a lot.
Like when
- I go to shower the kids.
- I clean out the fridge.
- I walk in to teach a lesson to the YW. One never quite knows how it's going to go...
- I attempt to make dinner.
- I work on anything in the scrap room.
Back to the topic at hand. The closet. Tons of stuff. I went through decluttered, organized, put stuff back where it really belongs, and even cleaned out the pantry also (we had some food storage under the stairs that I decided I could squeeze in the pantry if I got all Tetris-y).
As I made piles for organizing all the stuff on thing became very clear: I don't put holiday decorations away all at once. I put a majority away in the big Rubbermaid/Sterilite containers that are stored in the garage. But inevitably something always pops up after the box is neatly tucked away behind or above the cars. Oh so convenient to put away a lowsy plastic egg.So I throw it in the hall closet. Out of sight, out of mind. Until it is time to clean it all out.
Today my mission is to find the Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas boxes in the garage so I can put all the odds and ends away.
OR... I could just leave it all out and celebrate everything all year long!


2 comments:
LOVE it! I found some darn plastic eggs the other day...and I decided, for my sanity, rather than search for the Easter box...they went in the trash. Yay!:) Right now I need to put up all the short-sleeved summery clothes that seem to keep popping up...because we won't need those out here for a LONG while!:)
We are moving to LA in December, so I've been de-junk-ifying the entire house. Oh, you should see my googly eyes!
Post a Comment