Sunday, October 25, 2009

woe is me

We've been on quite the bad luck streak with cars lately, and frankly I'm tired of it.

It all started with my little getaway to Disneyland when Mel and I had to stop for gas in Tehachapi. It was really windy and when I opened my door the wind caught it and threw it into the station's bumper post/flower pot thing. The corner pretty much punched a hole in my door. Yay.

Then Steve went to get Isabel from school one day where some how he managed to get a flat tire in his baby. He had just gotten new tires the week before.

Not too long after that Steve was getting a tank (which weighs about 2k lbs I think) to do some work. As the guys were putting the tank in the bed of the truck, someone misjudged the distance and put the tank through the back window. Nice.

About a week ago I went to pick Katie up from school and discovered that I had a flat tire.

This is not funny any more.

But the cherry on top was my airhead moment that I pulled off yesterday: I backed into a parked car.

No, not a car. A truck.

A big white truck that was probably screaming "Can you NOT see me sitting here!?!" as I was slowly but surely making my absent minded way into it's innocent by-stander side.

Really? When will it ever end?

2 comments:

lori said...

Oooo, maybe you'd better stay in the house for a few days. Or walk;)

Jeremy Pyne said...

I absolutely love reading your blog. I can just picture the way you would say things in real life. You're awesome. Oh, and bummer about the cars. We've had a streak of bad luck lately too: leaky ceiling, dog-ruined mattress, bald tired, and sprinklers caved in our front flower bed. Perhaps its because Halloween is upon us?