well, save the weeping until after you're eating the carmel popcorn. You may get it too soggy with your tears and no one likes soggy popcorn. Yuck. Suck it up until you're properly seated on your couch or in bed, all nice and comfy with a big bowl right next to you. Don't forget the tissues, it could get messy.
Since I am not handy in the kitchen it never occurred to me that someone may actually want the recipe of something I made. I really wasn't trying to tease or torture by posting about the goodness and then not sharing the means for all to enjoy. How very selfish of me!
All credit goes to Sis. Dixon. She makes all kinds of goodies, and I just found out she has a cookbook in the works focusing on easy and practical ways to use your food storage. When it's available I'll post a link. It sounds like a great resource to have handy.
Here is the recipe:
7 1/2 to 8 quarts popped popcorn, equals about 1 cup unpopped corn
(use an air popper if available)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
add after cooking:
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Pop the corn and put in very large bowl. In heavy pan bring sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Insert candy thermometer and cook on medium until hard crack-300 degrees. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Mix, then pour over popcorn, coating all. (be careful...it's really hot!) Bake half an hour at 200 degrees on a cookie sheet stirring half way through. Cool and share!
I added peanuts also. If you want them to stick at all, we found it best to throw them in the carmel mix before you pour on top of the pop corn.
Mmmmm....carmel covered peanuts. Mmmmm...
Hope you like it just as much as I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
MMMM....Thanks for sharing this with us, I will have to make this some day! You are so cute Audrey!
Post a Comment