Friday, April 24, 2009

preparing

(the best seat in the whole house: the corner
of the sectional facing the tv, laptop on lap, legs up)

With another baby on the way I keep wondering if it's really going to happen. Changes like this are so big that I think it's hard for me to get my mind wrapped around them. Our family will never be the same. I wonder what challenges this new gift will bring, but I am also very excited to have a new bundle to snuggle and canoodle with. Awwww...




Even though I keep questioning the reality for the situation, I think this time around is the most prepared for a baby we that we have ever been. We know what the whole process is like, and the fact that we are not moving this time is huge too.




In an effort to be even more prepared we've been working (very slowly) on our food storage. Last weekend we bought a freezer for the garage. Right now there are just a few odds and ends in there, but I am proud to announce that the first thing we put in was two bags of missile popsicles (on sale for $2 a piece; how could I pass?). Only the bare necessities for this family, I'll tell ya.




Those popsicles will have to scoot over to make room for some friends tomorrow though. Melanie is coming over to guide me through a day of constant cooking so we can have at least a dozen dinners on hand to defrost and cook for quick, easy, and pain-free meals after the new addition. I'm excited to be so prepared and to spend a day with one of my favorite people in the whole world. Hopefully we'll be productive and not decide to cut out for a trip to Ikea instead (although that would be a lot of fun too).

3 comments:

Tringali Family said...

How awesome! One of our first purchases for our freezer was also in the Popsicle family!

Elizabeth said...

I was going to spend a day cooking meals on Monday since the planned induction was not until Thursday, but then she came early on Saturday. So much for planning! Good luck with all that is to come. It sure is fun having a little baby in the house again!

Bryan and Sunny Tringali said...

MMM...that looks real good!!! I love Popsicle, especially bomb pops, those are amazing!! So I heard from Sharlene, that you will be having your baby soon, congrats on a new baby girl, I will definitely be at the baby shower. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, take care!

Sunny