Monday, April 6, 2009

monday randomness

  • feeling the urge to scrap again. I've picked up some paper and punches that I am excited to use as I put together a little book for the new baby. Not a typical scrapbook, but I'm thinking something really simple where I can document the little things she does as she grows. I'm envisioning some pattern paper with lots of white space for me to jot notes, appts, and times (like feeding and output) down. I'm going to give the new bind-it-all a shot now that I've been schooled by Mariana. Thanks, btw.



  • I am making progress on my list of things to do before baby arrives, but it doesn't feel like it. Probably because for every one item I cross off, I find another two things to add. I'm not exactly sure what having a clean oven has to do with me being more prepared for a new family member, but it was on the list, and is now done. Who knows.



  • Today is National time-out Day. For some reason Tyler has begun to scream and pitch a fit over every little thing. I am officially sick of it and have begun enforcing very consistently his time out spot. It's on the green couch in the living room (away from all the action) which he recently tagged with markers. Now that I think about it, I don't believe he received a time out for that...well, too late now.



  • So happy about conference weekend. I feel pretty good because I talked it up a lot with the girls and was even prepared with a couple of games for them to participate during the talks. Even though I only saw bits and pieces of two sessions, that's a whole lot better than November when I was caught off guard and didn't see a single talk. This time I even DVR'd all the sessions so I can watch it all by my lonesome. I could feel the Spirit while we were together listening to the words of a prophet and His leaders. It was peaceful and exciting to feel like we were doing the right thing at the right time.



  • We are anxiously awaiting for the new sod in the back to take root so the kids can go run a muck outside. In every prayer and blessing the girls are asking Heavenly Father to bless the grass so it will be ready to play on. Only five more days to go. Technically.



  • I think Steve has announced (but very subtly) that today is his National Let's-Do-Something-Cool-For-The-NCAA-Basketball-Championship-Game-Day. He actually asked before he left what we were doing for dinner. So now I'm wondering, what exactly is he expecting/wanting? Surely he has been married long enough to know that this merits a pizza night.






No comments: