Sunday, April 26, 2009

holy food batman!


After just about eight hours of cooking the new freezer is well stocked.




We started by getting everything at Winco (I have forgotten how much cheaper their prices are compared to the more convenient Save Mart) and got started with actually cooking at about noon.

Melanie pretty much did everything as I followed behind saying "Ok, now how can I help?" She knows what she is doing and does not follow recipes. For someone who follows a recipe word for word like me, being in the same kitchen with someone like that can be pretty intimidating. She was very patient and I feel like I learned a ton.

Here's what we made:

Chicken stock (from scratch) to be used for chicken noodle soup and chicken tortilla soup
Pulled pork for pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, and nachos
Shredded chicken for a couple of easy casseroles
4 dozen mini meatloaves
A bag full of meatballs (for spaghetti or a sweet & sour meatball recipe I have up my sleeve)
lasagna
lots and lots of enchiladas
chicken spaghetti
3 portions of mac n cheese (a killer recipe you can find here)
chicken cordon blue
6 dz. homemade rolls
15 quesadillas (cheese, chicken, and beef)


Thanks to Melanie a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Dinner has always been a problem for me and I am so happy to have this much done ahead of time. It's now a no brainer.

Other than I have to remember to take something out to defrost in advance. I'll have to make myself a reminder and figure out a good spot to put it.

I should be able to handle that.

8 comments:

Tringali Family said...

That is so awesome! I need to get those recipes....if that is possible. I want to stock my freezer with those kind of meals!

lori said...

O.K. Audrey, who is this Melanie? I need to befriend her! What an good friend to help do all of that. You are very lucky. I also would like some recipes, if you have them.

Kristi said...

I'm so happy for you to have everything all done! Now you just need to put up your feet and relax. Melanie is so wonderful. Enjoy being pampered just a little longer before you have to do the pampering again!

Bryan and Sunny Tringali said...

Wow, Super meals!!!! What a great idea and lucky you!! haha

The Smith Family said...

WOW. I'm speechless. That is one impressive amount of food. I need Melanie to come visit me and teach me how to cook a ton of good lookin' yummy food! You won't have to cook for a year! YAY!

Anonymous said...

fantastic!

Kristen said...

That's the most beautiful thing ever. No wonder Carter said in primary the other day that he loves his mom because she is such a good cook! :)

Becky said...

Holy fantastic cooking...looks yummy...yes, I'm blog-stalking at 1 a.m...just found your blog through Melissa's comments...and read this far, but now I'll go to bed. : )