Wednesday, January 28, 2009

drumroll please...

We had the "please tell me what I am having" ultrasound today. Results soon to come. First, you have to suffer through a story about me fumbling through life.

Every ultrasound I have ever had done (and I do believe I've had my fair share) I drink water like a mad woman, pray that I don't pee my pants, go in and lay up on the table. Next: bare the belly. This involves pulling my top just under the bra, and maybe scooting the pants down a tad.

Basic, simple, expected.

Today I get up to the second floor and the lady hands me a drape telling me to leave my underwear and bra on, and to leave my personal belongings in a locker.

In shock I reach for the gown and head to the changing room.

In horror I realize one of the perks of having your husband out of town is not having to shave. I have not shaved (my legs- I have to shave the pits no matter what) for three days. Three days!

Then I wonder, "do I leave my socks on?" I noticed when I came in there were more women already dressed in their drapes talking in another waiting room. Just a bunch of women hanging out in their underwear waiting for ultrasounds. Beautiful.

My next scary realization: I am wearing black socks. With boots. Then I picture myself walking in with my heeled boots and black socks. How funny would that look? That's that. I am going bare foot. Nice.

Nothing like the unexpected to spice up the day, huh? I just think that was so odd... anyone else have to strip for an ultrasound?

Now for the real news. It's a... girl!

Sigh. Hopefully she'll be as easy as the other two were. Poor Tyler though. He and dad will definitely have to plan lots of male bonding time to keep the testosterone at the appropriate levels.

So now the name game. Current suggestions from the girls are:

Strawberry Shortcake
Princess Frosting
Lollipop
Celeste (thought you'd get a kick out of that Mari)

Let the nesting phase begin!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! for a girl, poor poor Tyler though, he can come over to our house anytime! Because as male as your husband MIGHT be he still isn't MAN enough to give him all the testosterone a child needs, now me, I might just be over at your house to compensate for my lack of estrogen. Love you all and congrats! ~m

Kira said...

Wow - you shaved your legs 3 days ago? I call for a round of applause. I would say that's great. I too had to wear the lovely gown for my last ultrasound. It's a little rough...and I too went barefoot. Congrats on the girl!

Tringali Family said...

I haven't experienced the gown thing yet. At my last 2 ultrasounds (with Robbie and Ella) they actually told me to have an empty bladder. How heavenly is that????

Erynn said...

At my last Ultrasound I was suprised that I didn't have to wear the gown. I care more about having to have the full bladder. There was just a discussion about that issue on the Mormon Mommy Wars blog. An interesting read for when you have nothing better to do.
Congratulations on the baby. Now you don't have to give up one of the other rooms since the girls want to share.

Erynn said...

PS- I just found a website where you can buy cute hospital gowns. Can you guess that it's based it Utah? I actually considered it so I don't have to use the paper one at the Dr's office (I always tear it).

The Smith Family said...

YAY! Another girl! So fun, 3 little girls to dress up in cute matching dresses! And hopefully you still have some baby girl stuff from when they were little? Congrats, that's exciting news! Ok...so now, this gown-get naked-and-wait-in-a-room-with-other-people stuff sounds totally CRAZY!!! I mean, really it does! Was this at Kaiser or at a radiology clinic? I guess it doesn't matter where...it's just weird!:) I think I would've worn the boots just to be stylin'! The other ladies would've been jealous and wanted to go get their boots too!:) HA!

Heather said...

I like lollipop! It has a certain ring to and goes so much better than Strawberry Shortcake since all the rest of your kids only have one first name!

As for the shaving, three days is dang good. My poor husband, I don't even shave for him much and he is NEVER out of town. What a good wife you are! And no, I have never had to strip for an ultrasound. I would have straight up flipped!

Stephanie Ryan said...

Congrats!! Girls are fun...of course you already know that!! I have had to do the gown with my last two...I guess every place is different. And yeah way to go for you...I haven't shaved in what a month (I know my poor husband)!! I guess I'm just too lazy...although I am better about it when I actually have to go to the doctor or something, or if it's summer. But even then I'm not diligent!!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I am so excited that my baby girl will have a girlfriend her own age with older sisters to worship! I will let Steve and Tyler come to my testosterone den if you will let me and the girl come and share some estrogen activities! I have never had to strip for the ultra sound unless it was during the first trimester! I am lucky to shave every couple of weeks. Had a fainting spell in the shower last time I had to do it. Had to sit down 3 times and nap afterwards, but I knew I was seeing the doctor that afternoon and would have to strip! How vane?(sp?) am I? Would rather faint and make myself sick than go hairy! Congrats again! I am super excited!

Kristi said...

Yay! Your girls are so beautiful; I can't wait too see more pics of another one! If it helps, I can't shave my left pit for 2 months. Not pretty.