Monday morning brought us a big unexpected surprise...a flooded kitchen due to a broken ice machine! YIPEE!
I spent the majority of the day trying to soak up the water that flowed ever so freely into the formal dining (aka the rest of the play area) with every towel that we owned and the wet vac. To no avail, we're going to replace the carpet and some baseboards.
There goes my plans to run over our current couch/love seat with a monster truck. I really want to burn the things. I shouldn't complain though- we spent $400 for the set when we first got married.
That was a while ago.
Needless to say, no new couches for Christmas this year.
Darn it.
Enough whining.
Have you seen Ali's December Daily Album? Totally too cool. I think I tried it last year and (like like most things that I start) did not finish it. Thinking I could totally handle something like this from Emilie Ahern:

So much easier and gets me taking pictures again.


3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your ice maker...new carpet will be nice;)
I didn't know those things could leak! So much for them being and "upgrade" to the fridges of our parents day!
We had a small flood upstairs in Kaid's room this year. The carpet was new and we didn't want to replace it. We took out the carpet from that room and the pad and hung it on the fence in the back yard to dry. It was completely dry in a few hours. Serious- dry as dry can get. It's colder now and you probably have more carpet, but it might be worth a shot to get your new furniture! Good luck, and if all else fails, new carpet is pretty too =)
New carpet will be nice. We're kinda splurging on the pad, so it should be nice and cushy. I love good carpeting, and we'll have it in two rooms now.
We really tried to dry it out, but it is Fresno in December. If it were August (or even October, now that I think of it)then I don't think this would be an issue. But we haven't seen the sun for days now, thanks to fog. We do not want to mess with mold. We're not even going there. But thanks for the advice!
Post a Comment