I have gotten in the habit of checking all pockets for anything before throwing clothes in the washer. I've learned after crayons, lip smackers, hair clips, all sorts of little girls things that could destroy (or not) a whole load of laundry.
Steve used to be really bad with his cash. He'd put a couple dollars in this pocket, a couple in another and forget about one (or sometimes both) as he got undressed. I used to love doing the laundry because I would inevitably find money. Talk about a real pay off!
And just to be fair, I would continually tell him that anything he left in his pockets was fair game once it was collected to be washed. I gave him notices and warnings that if he wanted to keep the contents, he better check 'em before he dropped 'em.
But that's all past tense. He has been really good about keeping all his money together now that he has a money clip/wallet. It's all in one spot and apparently very convenient. I hate the thing. I haven't seen dollar bills in the wash for a long time.
Until yesterday.
The crazy thing is I checked all the pockets (or thought I had) and then opened the washer lid to find ten bucks scattered through the clothes. It was like hitting the little family lottery!
I don't think he knows that it's gone, or maybe on the other hand he was just giving me something to get excited about. Whatever it was, I am very pleased with myself. I finished all the laundry and got a tip too!
All laundry money now goes into the jar for the next trip to Ikea. So really, we're all just pitching in to spruce up the house!


1 comment:
This is totally unrelated, but since you were blessed with lipgloss and little girls first, I must tell you that when little boys start school, lip smackers turn into little rocks. For some reason there are always handfuls of little tiny rocks that just belong in the pockets. I don't know why- every little boy I know give his mom the same surprise. Oh yes, and they hide waaay down in the pockets, so beware! Tyler looks like he's willing to give you a few years to prepare for him to go to school!
Post a Comment