Wednesday, September 10, 2008

let the therapist bills begin

I had yet another stellar moment in motherhood today that will probably cost me lots and lots of money (and possibly some respect from my eldest daughter).

She had the good 'ol jog-a-thon today, and was so excited that she got to run around and get a Popsicle after. Apparently she had a great day until it was time to go home.

Her mother never showed.

Today is Wednesday, and every Wednesday is early release day. I did not realize that she got out early today and pulled into a abnormally quiet parking lot. Then when I saw her classroom door closed and the surrounding area completely devoid of the normal after school busyness it hit me. My heart sank, my stomach dropped, and I began to walk a lot faster. So much so, Katie kept saying "why are we going so fast? We're going too fast!"

So to keep a short story short, I panicked, found her, then felt like the scum of the earth.

Here is the brutal truth: As bad, terrified, and guilty as I feel/felt, chances are really good that it's going to happen again.

I guess some of those bills will pay for my own betterment as well.

No comments: