Thursday, August 7, 2008

I could do some serious damage here


Melanie and I made our way to Sacramento Monday afternoon, and to our delight got there ahead of schedule. She remembered the route to Ikea (magically) so we browsed around for about an hour to get my feet wet and for me to get an idea of just how massive the store is. Huge! Carson was really sweet and was our official chair and couch tester. It was really cute! That night I prepared myself for some serious shopping and got my game face on.


We went back the next morning and because Carson was such a doll, we spent four hours there! It was a pure delight for me (I can just hear Steve groaning at the thought of four hours in one store) but there was so much to see and so many decisions to make I could have easily spent two more hours. I was blown away. Simply blown away.

Before we dove in and started shopping we grabbed some cinnamon rolls (a dollar each) from their food court. I'm not a big soda person, so I got the lingdenberry or lingdonberry juice. The best part: the ice. Perfect, big pieces of chewy, chewy ice. Yum. I'm such a nerd, I know.

Not ready to make any big furniture purchases, I got somethings for the house and kids. I found this for Tyler and two of these for the girls' room. They were so cute in the design room, I had to get some for the girls. They love them.

Saw this table/desk and loved it. The top is just a huge piece of glass with images of flowers and butterflies cut out of a black film. It was very cute. Why didn't I buy it? I don't know why! For $110, I'm still asking myself that exact question.

Anyways, I had a great time. Ikea blew me away. I will need a big truck/van to accommodate my purchases next time I go. We're thinking we should make this a quarterly trip. I think I could make it worth while!


It was so nice to not have to worry about kids, or what was going on for dinner, who's wearing what, or who's doing/touching what. Such a nice break to get away. Totally refueled to come back and be happy to be mom again. I was so happy to see them and hug them and show them all the goodies I brought home. It's amazing how stepping away for just 24 hrs. makes you more appreciative and energized! Thanks Melanie for having me tag along and thanks Steve for staying home so I could!



No comments: