Tuesday, June 3, 2008

lingo trends

Now that the girls are getting older and spending more time with friends at school and church they are doing things that we've not seen or heard before (at least in our home). Nothing big or dramatic, just things that make me think "where did that come from?" Of course I am fully aware that this is just the beginning of things to come:

Katie is now repeating things over and over, loud then louder. This is not unusual, I get that, but aren't kids supposed to do this at two? I've found it's really annoying when she says "I have a messy face" six times before anyone can respond with "Yes, Katie you have a messy face". She will not stop until you acknowledge what she is saying, even if it is a statement not a request or question. ggrrr....


Isabel's new thing that started this weekend is saying "or what?" after a question. "Are we going to have dinner now, or what?" or "Are you going to read a book before bed or what?"



Which leads to my new thought: "Is it time for bed now, or what? Is it time for bed now or what? Is it time for bed now or what? IS IT TIME FOR BED NOW, OR WHAT?"

No comments: