Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm a proud little sister

My brother is awesome. He's always been coolest of the cool (except for when he chased me through the house with a spray bottle yelling "it's fun time!" when mom and dad left him to watch me) and I've always loved him. He always knew how to make me laugh and feel special. There is eleven years between us, so it was not really your traditional sibling relationship.


Not to go on and on about my fabulous brother (did I mention he used to work in a fruit packing plant in the summer and when he got home he would rub my nose in his sweaty armpits?) but Friday I couldn't have been a happier sister. Scott has had a difficult life; partly due to circumstances beyond his control, and others well within his control...but that pretty much describes every one's situation doesn't it? Well, he decided he really wanted to make some big changes and he has. He has been sober now for 71 days now. He had his "matriculation" on Friday, and I was so proud of him (as was the rest of the family). We love him tons and want him to live his dreams. Now he has that chance.


Here he is with his wife


what a handsome guy, huh? I couldn't be more proud...great job Scott! Love you!

No comments: