Friday, April 18, 2008

jumping and creativity

Everyone is doing much better, thanks for your sympathy. It's nice to know others have been there, done that.
Today our ward's Mom's group hit Vintage Days (a craft show at Fresno State) where they had a "Kids Zone". Two bucks per kid got us access to a bounce slide, two bounce houses, a petting zoo, pony rides, and several different crafts. It was great. The weather was perfect, there wasn't too many kids, and the girls loved it. Their favorite was the giant slide. They spent about an hour on the thing.



There is a lot of talk in the scrap world right now about branching out to keep the creative juices flowing. Working with different mediums, experimenting. Something that is not a strength of mine.

Tonight I ran a quick errand and came home to this

and this



little pictures drawn by the girls (Katie's is on top- she said it was me- and Isabel's is the bottom one) on paper napkins drawn with ball point pens, something they usually are not allowed to use. Not all that unusual, but it struck me that creativity and experimenting seem to be natural when we are little. No pressures to get anything just right. Just creating to create. I gotta dig deep and have a younger perspective. Create to have fun.

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Cute pictures from the kids! It reminded me when I wrote Justin an I love you note for the first time on his napkin for his school lunch--he was HORRIFIED!:) He saved it and brought it home and demanded to know why I'd DO such a thing!:) Pretty funny.