Monday, January 14, 2008

from warm and cozy


to clean and energetic. I was thinking about this as I finally got around to taking the Christmas decorations down last week. Christmas is the perfect ending for the year: a soft, loving, peaceful and twinkly place to fall. Meeting up with friends and family, remembering that life is good, and thinking about others. Then on to the new year. I take down the Christmas decor and feel refreshed, almost like starting over with a clean slate. Life is uncluttered and ready to move on to the next chapter. Speaking of uncluttered, here is what the ol' scrap room looked like Friday morning:




and the AMAZING after picture this morning:







No, I didn't work on it all weekend. I wish! I did about 95% of it Friday while the girls were playing and when Tyler was taking naps. So it's not perfect by any means, but stuff is put away, somewhat organized, and most of all I can walk to the table without worrying about knocking over piles of stuff. It is so much easier to be creative in a clean space. I love having my room!


Here are the LO's from this weekend:

Christmas 2003


sweet thing, baby Rio, my cousin's baby
and Tyler and I a day after he was born.
Now off to declutter the rest of the house!













1 comment:

gaijinboy said...

Hey! That's Rio!!! Wow! GJ!

BTW, are you getting these comments?

B