Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The tree has arrived

We were going to bring one home Saturday, but well, you know. I'm sick of talking and thinking and cleaning sick, so NO MORE. Katie had a very long nap (like she fell asleep at 4:30, then we put her in her own bed at 9:00. She got up a couple times to go to the bathroom and drink some water, then she got up at the normal time this morning) and she has been great ever since. Eating more, back to her normal loud self, so things are good.


This is officially the largest tree we've ever had. The ceilings here are pretty huge, so the sky's the limit. We settled for seven feet. All I know is the thing is ginormous. Steve went and picked it out, brought it home and got it all straightened so we could do the star and lights. We had to wait for Katie to decorate.


It's great to wake up and smell the pine. Mmmm....really feeling like Christmas. There are a couple of large spots (ok, holes) in the tree that I'm trying to figure out how to creatively attack. I've seen some things online that are getting the wheels turning. We'll see.

Thinking a lot about traditions this time of year. Kinda feeling like we don't have that many, thinking of branching out, willing to try some new things. As I read suggestions on other blogs I find myself thinking "we do that" and realize that there are things we do, but maybe not because of tradition, but habit. Well, were going to do somethings on purpose this year!

Tyler was here today too, just not big enough to hang ornaments himself. So here's pic of our little Charlie Brown:

No comments: