floating in and out of my brain. Let's see if we can make sense of this post.
- Thanksgiving was great. Used Melanie's recipe for stuffing that I loved (may have been a little dry for everyone else, but soggy stuffing is the worst for me). Steve fried the turkey to perfection again, and mom brought over some pumpkin spice bars for dessert. Topped with a cream cheese frosting, really does it get any better?
- Began decorating for Christmas Friday. The girls are having a hard time differentiating between "Christmas time" and "Christmas day". They are so excited to see lights and such go up, but are patiently waiting for the tree and presents. Saturday the girls went downstairs before waking me up. When they came back up, I asked what they were doing downstairs, and Isabel replied, "We were looking for presents".
- Found this big bag of pretzels at Costco for like $4 and have been munching ever since. Then found some white chocolate chips in the pantry and decided to do a little dipping. Then had Steve go out and get milk chocolate chips to make even more. Had to put them away out of sight so I don't eat them all today. I think they lose their low fat and cholesterol free virtues after drowning them in various chocolates, but oh, it's so good.
- Think I'm going to get started on some Christmas projects. Excited, but have to find the time.
- Lovin' the Christmas movies on tv lately. I haven't seen a lot of them before, so it's been great. Some are silly, but the nice thing is we can have them on with the girls still in the room. And Christmas with the Kranks made me laugh out loud a couple of times last night. So nice to have some comic relief.


No comments:
Post a Comment