Thursday, March 10, 2011

thoughtful thursday

This week I gravitated towards this talk by Rosemary M. Wixom, the Primary General President titled "Stay on the Path". It's short and an easy read, but there are many points that I want to read and remind myself again and again about my children and my role as their parent.

Like this:

"The world will teach our children if we do not, and children are capable of learning all the world will teach them at a very young age." {YIKES!}

And this, "We do not need to be perfect-just honest and sincere." {*sigh* THANK YOU!}

One last quote for the road, "What trials will our children face?" I paused to cringe at the thought: What will my children be challenged with in their lives? A very scary and motivating thought. She continues, "Like Joseph Smith, our children can find the courage to 'do whatever is necessary.' When we are intentional about holding them and teaching them of Heavenly Father's plan through prayer and scriptures, they will come to know where they came from, why they are here, and where they are going."

I'm wanting to pass everything I know on to my munchkins to prepare them for their ups and downs. Such a good read!

2 comments:

lori said...

Thanks for those thoughts. I love your Thoughtful Thursdays!

parkesphoto said...

nice post. call me. m