Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm so happy

with myself! I maybe a scrappy girl, but sewing is tricky. Sewing is scary.

I. Don't. Sew.

Well, I have done a couple projects in my time: I've made a couple tie quilts and some pillow thingys for a church service project. Easy stuff (read straight lines) because the sewing machine terrifies me.

Really.

Have I said that enough? Do you feel my fear?

So for me to take on an apron to make as a birthday gift for my SIL was exciting (it should be simple enough for me to figure out) but intimidating (it's sewing, period!). I had no pattern, just a couple of measurements and pictures to try to replicate from. With lots of help from Erynn and Steve I was able to FINISH! Yahoo!

Enough chit chat. Here's the finished product:



Little bit of lace peeking out the top



A very slight ruffle at the bottom- I didn't double the length after all Erynn. That was way too full for me. Can you see the little ruffle?


Little pocket on the right side- didn't realize it needed to be parallel with the side seam until after I had sewn it level with the bottom. Live and learn right?



...and the back tabs. Below the bottom ruffle is more lace but I neglected that picture. Whoopsy!

I am so stinkin' proud of myself for finishing a project!

3 comments:

Valerie Smith said...

That is so cute and fun! I love the fabric. Where did you get it? I am so impressed.

Tringali Family said...

So cute! You did a great job.

Casey said...

It is super awesome!!! Thanks again so much! It hangs on my wall in the kitchen screaming at me to wear it and start baking ;)