The kids have said some cute things while on spring break. Here's a nice random sprinkling:
*****
The girls went to a birthday party where the theme was the "Chipettes" from "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel." One of the favors was a CD of mixed music. A majority of it is covered songs that the Chipettes sing. The kids love it and they all have different favorite songs. Tyler's is what we call the "Move it, move it" song from Madagascar II. The boy would listen to it over and over and over. Anyway, we were in the car and the girls where "requesting" a song when Tyler shouted,
"DE-DE DAY-DAY!!"
Me: "Move it, Move it?" Totally dumb on my part. He can say move it move it perfectly fine, I just wasn't used to him asking for anything different.
Tyler: "No, DE-DEE, DAY-DAY!"
I am clueless and ask for some translation- "Girls, what does he want?"
The girls, in unison: "Single Ladies!!" The Chippette's cover of Beyonce's smash hit. I truly laughed out loud.
*****
The girls were blasting Taylor Swift (off the same birthday CD) upstairs. I went up and asked them very nicely to turn it down "a little bit more... a little bit more...there-that's good." As I was walking away, I heard Katie say, "Borrrringggg!" It was all I could do to keep myself from busting up. The good news: she's five. Only thirteen (plus, possibly) years to go.
*****
"Mom! Pretend like you have four legs so they think I'm hiding with you, but I'm really not!" -Isabel
*****
The kids were playing in the bathroom and I heard, "You're a pa-pum!" (who knows) and Tyler had the best come back ever: "I'm not a pa-pum! You're a ba-oon! (balloon) That's my boy! Way to stick it too them!
Gotta love silly, good natured digs.
*****
As we were playing a pretty intense game of duck, duck, goose for F.H.E. Tyler really got into it when it was his turn to be "the picker". He walked around the circle and called Isabel "Ta-tlate pud-innnn...(chocolate pudding)" Katie was "Ma-mew-mwoooo (marshmallow)" and C.C. was "Pie".
He's definitely my child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am glad you put your blog on your facebook. Your kids are so cute! I cant believe they are getting so big!
Thanks Jessica! I was just thinking I need to change the pictures on the sidebar because they're almost a year old now! Yikes! I hope married life is treating you well!
That cd has given us hours of enjoyment at our home too! What a great mix of songs!! Your kids are too cute!! :)
Post a Comment