Friday, March 19, 2010

amazing

I love it when things just work out. When all of the little pieces add up and I can see the big picture.

I love it when good things happen to good, normal people.

I love it when talented, creative, and energetic people are found and given a chance to shine and do what they love- everyday.

{That would explain a lot about my secret love affair with reality tv shows. But don't tell anyone because it's a secret. And another post all together.}

Back to normal, talented people. I am a Pioneer Woman follower. I don't remember who told me about her or what the reason was, but I do remember finding her blog and thinking she was crazy. Taking all those pictures of horses, cows and dogs? Discussing certain bovine genitalia and getting up at unearthly hours of the day? Uh, no thanks.

But then I read some archives, with Dropping My Contents as one of the firsts. I thought it was hysterical. Really, it's too dang funny. My kind of read. I resisted for a while before caving and reading her love story-Black Heels To Tractor Wheels; I may be a chick flick kinda girl, but I am not a "bodice-ripper" reading woman. I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but was pleasantly surprised. Definitely a good read if you have a bit of time to kill. Be careful though! It's easy to get carried away with "just one more chapter!" Before you know it the kids have eaten flour tortillas for dinner and put themselves to bed. Not that has ever happened here. Seriously. Just an example of the possible ramifications of starting something and wanting to finish it before doing anything else.

P-Dub can cook like mad too. Oh yeah...she's also an amazing photographer, interior designer, home schools four kids, runs a ranch, maintains a couple of hugely popular websites, and now has a cookbook under her belt. Amazing.

She has also recently announced that her "saga" Black Heels To Tractor Wheels has been picked up by Sony Pictures to eventually be made into a movie.

With Reese Witherspoon considering playing PW!

Amazing. Thrilling. Mind blowing.

Stuff like this doesn't just happen though. I was sitting in the Dr.'s office this morning and they were playing "Bolt" in the waiting room. I just happened to see the clip where Rhino the Hamster was preparing to save the day and said in an ultra resolute voice, "Destiny...I've been waiting for you!"

I love seeing that amazing and incredible things are possible for anyone and everyone. But unless "anyone and everyone" are prepared when destiny comes knocking, nothing spectacular can happen.

I'm so happy to see PW ready for her destiny. Let's hope she's able to maintain her normalcy after her story goes Hollywood.

And here's to our dreams! Why can't something huge happen to one of us?

IT CAN!

What does your future hold for you, and are you ready for it?

Happy dreaming!

1 comment:

Becky said...

that was a fun read and i couldn't 'put it down' either!! : )