Wednesday, January 27, 2010

apparently being ornery is exhausting

because Tyler fell asleep about seven minutes after I put him in his big boy bed last night.

::Sigh:: Seriously, an answer to my prayers.

So from about 7:45 to 10:30 last night was heaven. I was so wiped out that I did the bare minimum to get ready for today and went to bed. I hardly ever go to bed before 11:30, so this was huge.

But then it happened: Tyler woke up, then Camilla woke up, and it was all down hill from there.

At least this time there was no screaming, no fighting, and no ornery-ness. Just a little boy and a baby girl who had a couple of good naps and were ready to play. Don't think that we played-not the case by any means- it was a whole lot of whispering, going downstairs to get drinks/bottles, changing diapers, etc. We finally all fell asleep around three this morning.

Katie got up at six.

Needless to say, I've got some huge bags under my eyes today. And they're not the convenient carry on sized ones. I'm talking the drag behind you, use all of your weight to heave 'em up to the counter and get charged an extra $50 because they're that heavy.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will see how tonight goes and then begin experimenting with your ideas until one works. Hopefully it won't take long to find success!

2 comments:

Kira said...

Your night sounds similar to mine. :( I will tell you what NOT to do. Don't decide to see what it's like if they are ALL in one room. Talk about going downhill fast! I hope you get a nap! :)

Casey said...

How do you make it to 11:30 every night?!? I will fall flat on my face asleep if it is one minute after 9pm and I am not in bed already.
I hope Ty gets used to his bed soon! <3 Casey