Wednesday, December 16, 2009

baby food

Call me lazy, but one of my least favorite tasks to do is to feed my babies baby food.
It makes a huge mess, and takes a lot longer than bottle feeding.
For those reasons I strictly bottle feed for as long as I possibly can. Camilla is seven months now, and has been getting up once, sometimes twice a night to eat. I have finally had enough of getting up and down at night, so I gave in.


She started out with rice






Since it was going so well with C.C. we dared Isabel to try some too;


It took some prodding, but in the end she braved up and took a bite (if you can call it that)

and immediately went for the water.

She survived rice cereal. I knew she could do it! Don't feel too bad for her, though. She got two quarters out of it. And a nice impromptu talk about peer-pressure and trying new things.

Back to the baby in the story.

She has since added peas, bananas and those little gerber puff things that dissolve as she sucks on them. Pretty basic stuff.

I had forgotten what solids do to changing time though. As I was changing her yesterday Tyler walked by and with lots of enthusiasm exclaimed, "TA TLATE!"

I thought, "Chocolate? What kind of chocolate are you eating?"

I made the mistake of searching my mental pictures for a similar looking chocolate.

Nutella will never be the same for me again.

4 comments:

Jeremy Pyne said...

I love reading about life at your house! I can relate to so much. Thanks for helping me feel normal.

melanie said...

mmmmm nutella!

Kira said...

Too bad - I had a big jar with your name on it. Oh, and I too do not enjoy spoon feeding my babies - so very time consuming and messy. I mean, who needs pureed green beans sneezed in their face??

sanjeet said...

I can relate to so much. Thanks for helping me feel normal.
Work from home India