1. I'm all about challenges. Stretching, pushing, growing. I happened upon Kasie's blog this morning (dutifully dodging all household duties) and read about her new self imposed challenge. Brace yourselves, it involves cleaning. A lot of cleaning. She's named it National Housecleaning Month-or NAHOCLEMO- which so perfectly fits in with my National Days.
So I thought, "Self! We are doing this!" Then I saw she set her goal at 5000 minutes.
I don't know if I'm that crazy.
I did the math.
It's like 80+ hours.
That's a whole lot of cleaning.
If you're interested in spreading the clean, check out the details here.
Kasie by the way is a very talented writer and a hilarious gal. Reading her blog is certain to make you giggle. I highly recommend it.
Laughter is good for the soul.
*****
2. Remember my post to my dear husband chalk full of hints for some fabulous Christmas presents? It just so happens that a gift certificate for $100 is being given away here.

It's like fate. I am meant to have some of that cute-jewelry-goodness.
That's why I thought a lot before sharing this. I mean, the more people I tell the more the odds stack up against me. I wasn't so sure this was a time to give so freely.
But then I figured I could just insist on a 50% finders fee if someone I knew won.
See? It all works out in the end.
Go comment for your chance to win! All you have to offer up is what makes you happy this fall!


4 comments:
I'm beginning to think my 5000 minutes goal was a little lofty. :) Not that my house couldn't use a good 5000 minutes of cleaning. Its just that the person in charge of providing that is me and well, I'm not being very cooperative. But alas, I must press on. It could be the end of me, but at least I'll have gone with a clean house. (That is if a certain 2 yr old stops destroying it. I can hear him as I type--the sound of destruction)
Audrey, Skip the cleaning and read this:
National Chocolate Covered Anything Day
When : Always December 16
Chocolaholics rejoice! Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.
Its a great day to indulge, binge, "pig out", and otherwise consume to excess, your favorite food....chocolate. We believe the timing of this day, during the holiday season, couldn't be better.
Today, we get to enjoy our beloved chocolate by covering something...just about anything... in a generous amount of chocolate. Pour, spread, or drizzle chocolate over cakes, cupcakes, pies, pancakes or waffles, nuts, raisins, even ants (yes, some people actually eat chocolate covered ants!). We will let you decide what is too extreme, and how much is too much, if any.
As chocoloaholics, we shouldn't need any added incentive to enjoy our chocolate. In the giving spirit of the holiday season, make sure to give or share some of your favorite chocolate covered treats today.
Happy National Chocolate Covered Anything Day!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin of National Chocolate Covered Anything Day:
Our extensive search failed to discover any factual content on this very special day. It's most likely that a confectioner, or a candy company created this sweet day. Aren't you glad they did!?
There was some reference to this as a "National Day". Someone must have decided that all food related holidays should be called "National" days. However, we found no congressional records or presidential proclamation.
Now that's a real challenge!
Kasie, I am feeling the burn on this one! 3000 minutes is going to be quite the feat if I get there!
I totally get what you're saying Casey, to skip the cleaning and eat something- anything covered in chocolate. I don't know how to say this w/o being totally to the point, so here's the hard hitting in your face truth: THAT IS MY LIFE EVERYDAY. I'm joining in on the cleaning "fun" to see if it's possible for me to ever have a clean house. I figure about a month's worth of work should get it done, eh? One can only hope! Thanks for the heads up for Dec. 16 though!
Post a Comment