Tuesday, July 21, 2009

first responders





This morning as I was very selfishly trying to squeeze every last second out of a lousy night's sleep, I persuaded the two older girls to go say good morning to Tyler. They were in his room for a minute before they both came running out. Isabel informed me in a very disgusted voice that Tyler had dirty hands.

Oh joy.

I knew what that meant instantly. What mother wouldn't?

There are no flower beds in my son's room; he certainly wasn't gardening.

There's no easy bake oven in there either; check brownie baking off the list.

Not exactly the way I wanted to start off my morning, but I put my head down, said a little prayer, and went in to assess the damage.

Surprisingly, it wasn't so bad! Nothing like Saturday morning where it was all over his sheets, crib rails, and walls.

That was fun.

Moms are like first responders: they are running in as others are running out.

On a side note, I'm thinking one of those haz mat suits might be a good purchase to look into.


6 comments:

lori said...

That is too funny! Dylan and I were washing Williams sheets just the other day for the same purpose. I'd say they just don't make diapers they way they used to, but it doesn't help when they take them off themselves!

Casey said...

Invest in the PJ's with the feet and the zipper that goes ALL the way up.. works for me! (Dean loves to take his diaper off while in bed and then sleep in the buff)

Audrey said...

I know you may be experiencing rain and hail storms, but it's has been 104 plus degrees out here for the past week with no sign of letting up. There is no way I could stuff him in something that hot for bed! Good idea, just bad timing unfortunately.

Unknown said...

to funny. i'm sorry. really i am. m

The Smith Family said...

I like the suit idea. With boys, you just never know how many MANY times they could be useful over their lifetimes. Sorry though, that's a big bummer. Wish I could say I haven't had to clean up that mess before.....

Heather said...

You are so creative! I love this post and thank you soooo much for the call yesterday. You are such a sweetheart and I really appreciated it!